TyCameraCull modifier
We have to deal with very heavy scenes (large scale and thousands of objects) and often the scene preparation times are several minutes.
I saw the camera cull operator in TyFlow and asked myself, would it be possible to integrate such a modifier for 3ds max cameras too? With an option to include/exclude objects and expand, back offset (to prevent pop up of objects etc) the camera frustum. A modifier that hides objects (pivot point or bounding box) outside the camera frustum before rendering, to save calculation time and RAM. Maybe with a preview option in the viewport.
Renderers typically only sample what's visible, although of course the initialization of objects and scene BVHs will include objects behind a camera....I think this type of thing is better implemented by the developers of renderers themselves, especially because 3dsmax has real issues with hiding/unhiding nodes between render frames (it's not possible or supported by default and must be implemented on a per-renderer basis).
(07-14-2020, 08:30 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Renderers typically only sample what's visible, although of course the initialization of objects and scene BVHs will include objects behind a camera....I think this type of thing is better implemented by the developers of renderers themselves, especially because 3dsmax has real issues with hiding/unhiding nodes between render frames (it's not possible or supported by default and must be implemented on a per-renderer basis).

Ok I see, thank you.
(07-14-2020, 08:30 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Renderers typically only sample what's visible, although of course the initialization of objects and scene BVHs will include objects behind a camera....I think this type of thing is better implemented by the developers of renderers themselves, especially because 3dsmax has real issues with hiding/unhiding nodes between render frames (it's not possible or supported by default and must be implemented on a per-renderer basis).

Hello again, I thought about this idea and the 3ds max limitations. Maybe its possible with a different approach, by animating (override) the visibility instead of hiding/unhiding objects. I´ve tried to set the visibility of complex objects to 0 and they are completely ignored by the renderer (no initialization etc.)
Would it be possible this way? Smile 

The problem is, many of us are still using older versions of Vray (3.0 and Next) and there is no chance that this feature will be implemeted in the renderer. So, an independent solution would make things much easier.