TySpline, mesh twist and jitter.
Greetings

I've been playing with a rope simulation using the Tyflow Dynamic Rope tutorial as a starting point. Everything was working well until I put a texture on the TySpline and noticed the mesh has a twisting and jittering behavior. 

You can see in the attached animation the dynamic objects (cubes in this version in an attempt to combat what I thought was just the rope naturally rolling and twisting causing the problem), lay flat and are relatively stable. However the TySpline mesh twists and jitters throughout the simulation until the rope rests toward the end. This behavior leads me to think the problem lies within the meshing process, however sifting through the options available have had little effect.

Any ideas how to combat this?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.mp4   rope_meshTwist.mp4 (Size: 8.91 MB / Downloads: 165)
I might be wrong, but...

I think this is purely texturing issue, not sim issue.
Looks like your uvw on the rope is using wrong map coordinate , and probably applied after the simulation.
It's like when you have (for example) animation on any object (box, teapot, whatever), and you animate with bend, noise, twist, or whatever, and on top of that, you place UVW map, and it doesn't look good, and if you place it, bellow the modifiers, it looks good.

Not sure for what you are using Tyspline, but if you have a copy of exact spline as the Tyflow, you can just use that spline (with it's own UVW map) with Ty Particle skin operator, and it should look correct.
Thumbs Up 
Spot on diagnoses d4rk3lf, Ty Particle Skin Operator was exactly what I needed. Much appreciated, thanks.