Selection: Specify node search with second or third letter
Lightbulb 
It's currently very handy, to select quickly a node by pressing just the first letter.
Like "P" for "Particle Force"
Unfortunately the nodes aren't only sorted alphabetically, but also by category (birth, simulation, particles...).

So when I want a "PhysX Shape" I can't get it quickly, because I have to press the letter "P" many times (in order to navigate forwards)

It could be there a additional key combination with quickly typing a second or third letter to get a more narrow search:
P + H = Ph
C + O = Co  (Collision)
It means not both together, it means within maybe 1/2 second pressing the second letter, and it will be used then as second letter.

This would only be an extra selection hotkey, it would not affect the existing way it works. So if it came to PhysX Bind you could just by pressing "P" again navigate further forward through the list, but you skipped already all P-words before. (So for quickly double-clicking a letter it would not activate the "second letter search".)

(A similar way of selection is well known from zBrush, to quickly navigate through hundreds of brushes to the brush you need. There you can even define custom hotkey combinations)
Since I'm using Win32 forms in the UI, this is unfortunately a limitation imposed by internal Win32 GUI code.

It's not impossible to re-write all the internal key input functions for a Win32 listbox, just a big hassle. I will put this idea on the roadmap but there's no telling when it'll be implemented.
Thanks for feedback.
It's off course not something "important", just an idea that came to my mind