Pause button & Shift-Click on operator button could prevent from updating flow
Lightbulb 
I feel often trapped between the decisions to make
- should I switch off the complete flow (whcih takes then more than a minute to enable it again in my simluation)
- or do I change for example 3 operators in the flow and having to wait for each one first to update until I can change/toggle the second
- stop the flow update with "escape", but having again then to refresh (which is no advantage over disabling the flow)

1.) I think some tasks could get an extra key, which prevent tyflow from updating.
Imagine you could toggle the state of your operators with shift-clicking them, and tyflow would not update inbetween, but keep the active state as it is.
And only as soon as you toggle or click without shift-key an operator, it would start to update as usual.
[maybe also another key or key-combination]

The same could be used for connecting and disconnecting operators.
This would give the chance to make small changes without loosing like 2 minutes for unneccessary flow updates.

2.) In general I'm missing a big "pause" button, that lets you just keep the current state
(with no need to deactivate tyflow and waiting for recalculating, especially when you need to see the result at frame 100), but stops it from updating until the button is pressed again.
Time saving is my biggest topic issue when experimenting. Everything I generelly do I could do in less than a third of time, if there would I had more control for what changes I have to wait and which I need to see and compare.

Thanks
p.s. Another Example what it is good for: If you want to compare the simulation after doing a few small adjustments before and after:
Today I had often to change 3 attributes like just a simple change of sim group settings and simple connecting. (unfortunalety these are 3 or 5 changes which each forces a recalculation).
So I hade no chance to compare the result before and after without screenshots.
Either I get time-consuming unneccessary inbetween updates or I loose the current simulation until I switch it on again after those changes .
You can see better sim reset behavior is on the roadmap. Eventually you'll be able to change settings and not necessarily restart the sim from the beginning when doing so.
That would be great ! It's like a computer upgrade then Smile
Thanks again for your kind feedback