New user! + Fracture workflow
Hey guys!  Big Grin

First all all thanks to the developers that have worked hard to create this amazing tool!

I'm new to this forum and forums in general so please bear with me, I'm just starting to use this tool and I want to try to create a fracture effect that happens in a super slow motion, like those high speed camera footage.

One of the materials I wanna test for: Terracotta

Gyazo link

Below is my flow, the Physx retimer is set by speed, 7%

Workflow

The issue with the simulation now is that after collision, there is a delay of a few frames for the next event to come into effect, what am I missing?  Huh

Please share any feedback on the workflow or the effect! 

Thank you!
If you're using the retimer, the delay is happening because at normal speed there will be a one frame delay between a PhysX collision occuring and your particles fracturing (because PhysX calcs happen at the end of every time step, so particles won't appear in the next event until the next time step)...so when you retime to 7% that 1 frame delay turns into a 14 frame delay.

In this particular situation it would be better to simulate the effect without the retimer...just at a slower speed. You can either adjust your simulation parameters so the simulation runs slower, or adjust the time scale parameter in the main flow object settings to automatically scale forces down.
(08-22-2020, 08:01 AM)tyFlow Wrote: In this particular situation it would be better to simulate the effect without the retimer...just at a slower speed. You can either adjust your simulation parameters so the simulation runs slower, or adjust the time scale parameter in the main flow object settings to automatically scale forces down.

Hey!

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation and suggestion! ♥
I did some testing and I seem to be getting a good grasp on the effect I want now! I will work on it some more and post the end result in the gallery page Smile

Thank you again! Big fan, much love.