No collision with Cuda cloth on 16090
I tried the new sample scene with Cuda collisions on Cloth but I have a different result.
The cloth don't seem to collide properly.

I tried to add more Time step but it didn't helped that much.

I have added my opencl infos :

Code:
OpenCL.DLL found...

Platforms Info: 
Name: NVIDIA CUDA
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Version: OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 11.0.228
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
Extensions: cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_fp64 cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_icd cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_nv_compiler_options cl_nv_device_attribute_query cl_nv_pragma_unroll cl_nv_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_nv_d3d11_sharing cl_nv_copy_opts cl_nv_create_buffer cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics

Devices info: 
Name: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Available: 1
CompilerAvailable: 1
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Version: OpenCL 1.2 CUDA
DriverVersion: 452.06
OpenCLVersion: OpenCL C 1.2 
MaxComputeUnits: 40
GlobalMemSize: 8589934592
MaxMemAllocSize: 2147483648
MaxWorkItemSize: 1024
MaxWorkGroupSize: 1024

And you can see the screens I have attached.
Let me know if I can help to solve this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like the solver can't find the CUDA DLLs (you can confirm this by pressing the "?" box in the Cloth Bind operator)

A few things to check:

1) Have you downloaded the updated DLL zip?

2) Have you placed all the DLLs in the tyFlow plugin folder location?

3) Does the "?" button in the Cloth Bind operator report that the DLLs have been found?

4) Are you using an English version of windows?
I just posted a reply on Facebook as some other people had the same issue.

It looks like putting the dll files aside tyflow made a change but now 3ds max is hanging when trying to do a sim.

(08-24-2020, 05:34 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Looks like the solver can't find the CUDA DLLs (you can confirm this by pressing the "?" box in the Cloth Bind operator)

A few things to check:

1) Have you downloaded the updated DLL zip?

2) Have you placed all the DLLs in the tyFlow plugin folder location?

3) Does the "?" button in the Cloth Bind operator report that the DLLs have been found?

4) Are you using an English version of windows?

1) See 2

2) Yes I just tried this but now it hangs with one cpu core working but nothing moving. I have to kill 3ds max and removed the dlls.

3) It says the computer is not compatible so probably not found.

4) French (belgium)

I'm on Windows 10build 19042.450 (20H2) if it can help
Hi there,

I ran into the same problem, not being able to turn on the CUDA collision in the cloth bind operator.

Now, I had the nvidia studio driver installed, so I thought maybe I need the game ready one for whatever reason, but to no avail.
After installing the game ready driver, the problem still persists, see attached.

- the ? icon in the cloth bind operator says the dll-s are missing, even though they are located in the same folder as the tyflow_****.dlo
- you can see in the viewport that the collisions are not working in the sim (obviously)
- tyflow version v0.16090 (as of writing this comment, tyflow says it is up to date)
- tested on 2080ti + amd threadripper (in case it has something to do with openCL)
- using windows 10 1909, build 18363.1016

The adding cuda acceleration to tyflow is awesome, I hope this will help to some extent.

Cheers

<UPDATE #1>
I updated my windows 10 to version 2004, build 19041.450 to see if that was the problem, but the CUDA collision solver in the cloth bind operator is still greyed out.

<UPDATE #2>
After seeing Tyson's facebook post "CUDA issues update #1", I reinstalled the tyflow plugin (probably I already had the stable version as I never had a max freeze), and re-initialized CUDA (again, the screenshot was probably showing the error message Tyson was looking for)

it is as follows:

tyFlow: OpenCL successfully re-initialized!
    Error: CUDA DLL not found (err: -1). Name: cusparse64_10.dll
    Error: CUDA DLL not found (err: -1). Name: cublas64_10.dll
    Error: CUDA DLL not found (err: -1). Name: cublasLt64_10.dll
tyFlow: CUDA failed to re-initialize!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-25-2020, 09:47 AM)viktaZ Wrote: Hi there,

I ran into the same problem, not being able to turn on the CUDA collision in the cloth bind operator.

Now, I had the nvidia studio driver installed, so I thought maybe I need the game ready one for whatever reason, but to no avail.
After installing the game ready driver, the problem still persists, see attached.

- the ? icon in the cloth bind operator says the dll-s are missing, even though they are located in the same folder as the tyflow_****.dlo
- you can see in the viewport that the collisions are not working in the sim (obviously)
- tyflow version v0.16090 (as of writing this comment, tyflow says it is up to date)
- tested on 2080ti + amd threadripper (in case it has something to do with openCL)

The adding cuda acceleration to tyflow is awesome, I hope this will help to some extent.

Cheers

<UPDATE #1>
I updated my windows 10 to version 2004, build 19041.450 to see if that was the problem, but the CUDA collision solver in the cloth bind operator is still greyed out.

<UPDATE #2>
After seeing Tyson's facebook post "CUDA issues update #1", I reinstalled the tyflow plugin (probably I already had the stable version as I never had a max freeze), and re-initialized CUDA (again, the screenshot was probably showing the error message Tyson was looking for)

it is as follows:

So someone commented on facebook that moving the CUDA dll-s to the max root fixes the problem.
I can confirm, it works just fine, no crashes whatsoever either.

I actually didn't move the dll-s to the maxroot, as I didn't know what files were needed to be next to the tyflow.dlo, but rather I copied the dll-s to the maxroot as well. I now have the dll-s both in my maxroot and the /plugins folder.
(08-25-2020, 12:31 PM)viktaZ Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 09:47 AM)viktaZ Wrote: Hi there,

Cheers

<UPDATE #1>

<UPDATE #2>

it is as follows:

So someone commented on facebook that moving the CUDA dll-s to the max root fixes the problem.
I can confirm, it works just fine, no crashes whatsoever either.

I actually didn't move the dll-s to the maxroot, as I didn't know what files were needed to be next to the tyflow-dlo, but rather I copied the dll-s to the maxroot as well. I now have the dll-s in my maxroot and the /plugins folder as well.

Have the same problem and yeah, moving the DLLs to Max root folder fixed it. Thanks man!