How to bind Birth Skeleton to mesh for animation
The Birth Skeleton operator seems promising but I cannot figure out how to use it  effectively in a simulation. After creating the Birth skeleton and selecting a clump of grass as the object, the skeletons for the grass blades are generated as I would expect.   However, I cannot find a way of "skinning" (binding) the grass blade geometry to follow the movement of the skeleton.  I have tried using Position Object and Object Bind operators, but it doesn't work.  When I animate the rotation of the skeleton, the mesh does not follow the movement at all.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Couldn't find any English tutorials on how to use Birth Skeleton for this purpose.  Thanks in advance.
Skinning meshes to particles is a three step process.

1) Create your particles from the mesh (in your case, birth skeleton from grass mesh)

2) Duplicate the mesh

3) Put a tyParticleSkin modifier on the duplicate and select the particles you created as the source.

The reason you need a duplicate is because otherwise you get a circular dependency error (particles depend on mesh which depends on particles = infinite loop)

There are example files showing how to use the tyParticleSkin modifier that you can explore.
(09-02-2020, 05:11 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Skinning meshes to particles is a three step process.

1) Create your particles from the mesh (in your case, birth skeleton from grass mesh)

2) Duplicate the mesh

3) Put a tyParticleSkin modifier on the duplicate and select the particles you created as the source.

The reason you need a duplicate is because otherwise you get a circular dependency error (particles depend on mesh which depends on particles = infinite loop)

There are example files showing how to use the tyParticleSkin modifier that you can explore.

@tyFlow

Thanks very much for the clear answer.  Makes perfect sense and works fine.  I somehow missed the tyParticleSkin modifier which is what I get for reading through the docs late at night.  I will check out the example files. Thanks for your help.