ABC point cloud custom float attr. extend
Hello, We are currently working on building communication between Houdini and Tyflow. We have noticed that  alembic pointcloud works great. We already have all the basic attributes configured soo we can start having fun. But I have a question, is there a chance to extend the possibilities of alembic point cloud exporter to save custom floats in it? 

The second question is why TYcache is not exporting custom floats ?
Quote:The second question is why TYcache is not exporting custom floats ?

That's actually been on the roadmap for a bit, just haven't added that in yet Smile

I'll make a note to export the floats to .abc as well.
That is a great news! Thanks Tyson ! Smile
The next build will include the ability to export custom float data to ABC files, however I don't have any way of testing the result....3dsmax, Nuke, VRay Proxy, ABCView, UE4 all have the ability to import alembic but none seem to have the ability to view custom channels of point clouds, so I'm kinda going in blind on this one....so if you don't mind providing feedback on whether or not the data is accessible that would be great. I don't have Houdini so I'm unable to test that crossover myself.
(12-11-2020, 09:18 AM)tyFlow Wrote: The next build will include the ability to export custom float data to ABC files, however I don't have any way of testing the result....3dsmax, Nuke, VRay Proxy, ABCView, UE4 all have the ability to import alembic but none seem to have the ability to view custom channels of point clouds, so I'm kinda going in blind on this one....so if you don't mind providing feedback on whether or not the data is accessible that would be great. I don't have Houdini so I'm unable to test that crossover myself.

Sure, I just found Your post. Will do it asp, just need to finish my tasks in job.  From what I remmeber it works fine.
Just adding what I found here:

custom channels of point clouds come through as "detail" attributes. Meaning they aren't per point but on the object, but can transfer to points with a little vex code.

The strange thing is that orientation comes as a float value as "detail" also. values like:
_orientation[on point 179] = 0.00115352985449153
Orientation is exported as a QuatfArray property, ie an array of 4 sequential floats. Are you sure the other 3 floats per-particle aren't also coming through? My exporter just follows the regular Alembic API so I wouldn't know how to explain what you're seeing if the data is indeed coming in as a single float...Perhaps the code you're using to convert the detail attribute is doing something incorrect?