When a script node in the event stack is stopped
When a script node in the event stack is stopped

I want to check if a running script node in the event stack has stopped due to an execution error.
(For example, the icon turns red, Or the node name turns red, etc.)
Also, I would like to add the ability to "evaluate" the script node from the right click menu.

And another one
It would be nice to have a global instance variable that can be reused in other events or in the script node of the current event.

My English is not very good. The sentences may not be smooth
So please understand me.   Thank you very much.
I don't think there's a need to evaluate a Script from the right click menu. Scripts are always evaluated whenever the Script window is closed after a change to the script is detected. So it shouldn't be possible for the Script window to be closed and a re-evaluation to be necessary. If the script window is closed and the script has errors, it's also not possible to fix the error without re-opening the window. So whenever the window is closed, if the script is error-free, it should already be evaluated.

The exception to this was a previous issue where working scripts could fail to evaluate in some situations, but that should have been fixed in v0.16099.

I don't think global variables will be possible because different scripts are executed in different C# contexts. However, you can use the custom float/vector/tm methods to assign values to particles which are accessible between events.
(12-21-2020, 12:29 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I don't think there's a need to evaluate a Script from the right click menu. Scripts are always evaluated whenever the Script window is closed after a change to the script is detected. So it shouldn't be possible for the Script window to be closed and a re-evaluation to be necessary. If the script window is closed and the script has errors, it's also not possible to fix the error without re-opening the window. So whenever the window is closed, if the script is error-free, it should already be evaluated.

The exception to this was a previous issue where working scripts could fail to evaluate in some situations, but that should have been fixed in v0.16099.

I don't think global variables will be possible because different scripts are executed in different C# contexts. However, you can use the custom float/vector/tm methods to assign values to particles which are accessible between events.

The request to expose the "evaluate" function of the script node to the outside is probably due to an error that has already been fixed in the latest version you mentioned.
I didn't know that it might have been fixed in the latest version. I expect that there will be no hangs due to errors unless it is a problem with the code itself.
Confirmation is belated. I'm sorry.

* fixed an issue where certain Script operator errors were displaying as chinese characters in the message log
* fixed an issue which could cause a Script operator (with a working script) to generate an error if ESC was held during execution

I will check there are any more issues while using the latest version. Thank you.

And this is a small wish. I would like to be able to convert or replace them via script of the shape nodes contained in each particle.
Do you have plans for future updates?(vertex , textrure verts and faces...  delete and rewriteable and move vertext position [b]etc...)[/b]

My English is not very good. The sentences may not be smooth
So please understand me.   Thank you very much.