Follow a surface
Hello,

I'm still a beginner with Tyflow (and particles in general) so my question will probably sound silly. I can't understand the logic of something that seems quite simple to me.

I'm making a small river in lowpoly, and I'd like particles to be born on the right side of the water, travel the river while being half submerged while following the surface of the geometry, and die on the right side.

But I can't do it. The only thing I manage to do correctly is the collision with the rock. Not very glorious.

Could you point me in the right direction? I'm not asking you to do the work for me, just to explain the logic to me.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How about, Just draw a 2 splines following the river path?
One in the middle, one on the right.
The one on the right is where you use it to spawn particles (either by position object, or birth spline).
The one in the middle you use as path follow.
What are particles actually? Something like leaves, or wood branches that floats on the river?
Anyway, love the scene already, and cartoony look. Smile
Thank you Smile

Actually it's going to be debris (plastic, wood, etc...). My client is specialized in river clean-up and we're looking to make a small video to explain how his technology works. And I thought it was a good opportunity to get a little bit interested in Tyflow instead of doing classical animation.

I'll try to apply your advice. Smile
Well, I'm making progress little by little.

Now that I've managed to make a semblance of water flow with the particles, I wish that once they arrive in this "funnel", they will slow down and no longer be affected by Path Follow (and then be picked up by the treadmill).

I tried with a Test Surface (a mistake?) by putting the walls as objects, but once the particles are sent to a new event, the influence of the spline continues.

What would be the right way to proceed?

Thanks !

P.S. Sorry if my English is not clear, I'm French. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)