tyParticleSkin working at subobject level?
It would be awesome if the tyParticleSkin modifier worked with subobject selections.

I have a large character that is skinned using skin and bones.  I want to add some secondary movement behind the head.  I have a softbody sim that I am using for it.

It would be great to have a poly select modifier and have the tyParticleSkin work only on those verts, letting the skin handle all the rest.

This would really be nice to use tyFlow to add secondary motion to to existing skinned rigs.

Currently using separate drivers and using skinwrap over the render mesh works but it would be nice to do it with the single render mesh.

-Paul
Hmmmm...this is an interesting proposal. I can see it being useful and not too hard to implement. I'll see what I can do.
I have attached an image of an issue I am running into.  If I use my skinned mesh as is and I use a soft select to pass verts to a tyParticleSkin modifier the controlled verts pull away from the rig.

If I link my mesh to the same helper that I linked my soft body to it appears to work.  However it is preferable to not link a skinned mesh to an object and have it collapsed to origin.

Is there a way to make this work without parenting the skinned mesh to anything else?
You'll need to send/upload the scene file so I can take a look.
(01-19-2021, 07:44 AM)tyFlow Wrote: You'll need to send/upload the scene file so I can take a look.

I sent you a PM with a link to the file.  Thank you.

-Paul
Thank you, I'll have a look this evening.
That's great. This was a great addition. Makes it SO easy to add to an existing rig.

I plan on putting up some tutorials to show others how easy it is.
Ok I've looked at your file and determined the issue. Should be fixed in the next build.