Basic question about importing anymated mesh parts into Tylfow
Question 
Hello,
I'm testing now with animated geometry.
In this case it's just a keyframed fold animation, where each face is a single piece.

How can I import this into tyflow including its animation?
I tested several ways but did not find out.

Thanks

Shape operator (animation enabled), or tyActor (deformations enabled)...
(01-27-2021, 03:28 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Shape operator (animation enabled), or tyActor (deformations enabled)...

Thanks, I could do it now just without any operator (I only forgot that I have set it on manual updating Wink)

Another question
- Is there a way to inherit the visibility, which is an animated attribute?

- And when I convert it to Cloth (cloth bind) then the animation of the mesh is gone.
Is there a way to inherit it?
(it's not extremely important in this case, but useful to know)

Many thanks
No, there's not a way to inherit visibility.

In normal circumstances, in order to inherit motion and retain cloth attributes, you could use a Particle Switch to de-activate the cloth particles and then Object Bind (surface mode) to bind them to your animated surface. However, based on your screenshot, your input mesh has coincident vertices...so I don't think that will work.
(01-28-2021, 04:32 AM)tyFlow Wrote: No, there's not a way to inherit visibility.

But it can be easily inherited, if animated visibility is in materials, right? 
Btw, it can be inherited if only one object is used as a shape, simply by linking tyicon to reference object. :Big Grin

About object bind. 
Last 2 days, I think I answered 4 or 5 times on the very same question, on how do particles gets attached to geometry. :Smile
Not sure what's causing people to overlook object bind that often.
(01-29-2021, 01:41 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: But it can be easily inherited, if animated visibility is in materials, right? 
Btw, it can be inherited if only one object is used as a shape, simply by linking tyicon to reference object. :Big Grin

About object bind. 
Last 2 days, I think I answered 4 or 5 times on the very same question, on how do particles gets attached to geometry. :Smile
Not sure what's causing people to overlook object bind that often.

Thanks.
Yes, I never use normally "object visibility", but it's built into a script, in order to work independently from materials and that's the reason why it was used for now there.

About the cloth bind in animation:
If you come sometimes from a different task to the same topic, then the solutions are not always obvious.
I know about object bind. I only never had the situation to have an animated mesh converted into cloth. So I was at first not sure if that maybe is transferring animation.
If the answer is, that it is not inheriting the animation from itself, then of course the next step would be object bind (which is not "inheriting" = keeping something).
I just saw those as two different approaches...