tySelect Adaptive Selection doesn't clears RAM after collapsing modifier
Hi!

When I perform multiple adaptive selections with deleting the inverted resulting selected faces and collapsing the stack, in a row, it fills up and hangs in RAM.
Also clearing undocache, resetting scene or loading another scene doesn't help. The only thing that helps is closing and re-open 3dsmax.

I don't know if this is a tyFlow or a 3dsmax issue.

Just wanted to let you know.

Greetings!
Hmm, I'll look into it.
So this doesn't appear to be a bug...what's happening is my local modifier data isn't being destroyed until Max's garbage collector is cleared...this allows you to undo modifier removal and/or stack collapse without losing the data.

If you run the maxscript "gc()" after collapsing your stack you should see that the memory is cleared.
Allright, thank you! I thought I did that "gc()" call and it just had a small effect.

To describe the workflow:
1. Loading a model with file size arround 200 to 500 MB (pure Mesh Data, no Shading, no Animation)
2. Collapsing all single parts to one mesh
3. Run tySelect in Raycast Mode, parsing arround the object over a couple of frames (takes several minutes)
5. Add MeshSelect modifier to invert the selection
6. Add DeleteMesh modifier to delete the selected faces
7. Add MeshSelect modifer to leave subselection mode
8. Add EditNormal modifer to reset the normals (clean up)
9. Collapse the stack
10. Save the file
11. Reset Max
12. Repeat steps 1 to 11 for approx 5 to 10 times
--------------------
13. Memory usage now is close to my installed 64GB
14. Memory overflow during the next automatic adaptive tySelect baking procedure
15. 3dsmax hard crash to desktop with "Unexpectd exception message", "Recovery File Saving" and "CER"

But I will try this "gc()" again.