This scene crashes max
This scene crashes 3dsmax
Beta tyFlow_016107
Open scene and press play. Result, somewhere in the 3000 frames 3dsmax will crash.

Andy

Attached Files
.zip   Dentrite_225bones_38.zip (Size: 4.55 MB / Downloads: 146)
Hmm, I can sim without issue here. Is the crash consistent for you?

The minidump suggests the crash was caused by an improper memory allocation, but it's not clear where...do you see a RAM buildup when you play back on your machine?
(02-12-2021, 03:53 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm, I can sim without issue here. Is the crash consistent for you?

The minidump suggests the crash was caused by an improper memory allocation, but it's not clear where...do you see a RAM buildup when you play back on your machine?

Could that mean a bad ram chip? I have suspected an issue with the hardware on this machine. 
A
Technically the error the minidump is showing could be the result of a bad RAM chip, although usually concluding hardware failure is the last possible step in a situation like this...

If you have access to a second machine, see if you can repro the error there.
(02-13-2021, 07:03 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Technically the error the minidump is showing could be the result of a bad RAM chip, although usually concluding hardware failure is the last possible step in a situation like this...

If you have access to a second machine, see if you can repro the error there.

My other machine does not show the same error. Also, this machine has an issue with the new Retopology modifier, crashing on models when the other machine does not.
I will take this up with BoxxTech and have them send me new ram. 

Andy
Let me know if that ultimately solves the issue!
(02-13-2021, 07:37 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Let me know if that ultimately solves the issue!

tyFlow_016108 now installed, this scene no longer crashes.

Andy
Thanks for the update!