tyflow likes cache rebuilding all time
Hi Guys,

I encounter, that my Setup already wants to rebuild the Cash, even if I didn't any direct changes to particles itself.
Already only changing the Opacity of an Object / changing a Material, thats used as a collider, forces TF already to do so.
Is this by purpose? Is there a background to this? Or is there anything I can control this?
tyFlow resets any time a dependent object is changed. Work could probably be done to make the resetting a little "smarter", so certain changes (like material) don't cause a reset on operators where the material has no effect. For now, the reset uses pretty broad strokes to cover all possibilities (some operators are dependent on object materials, for example).

From the editor right-click menu you can set the reset mode to "manual" to avoid an auto-reset when a change is detected. Then just refresh the simulation when you're ready to update it.
(02-15-2021, 08:20 PM)tyFlow Wrote: tyFlow resets any time a dependent object is changed. Work could probably be done to make the resetting a little "smarter", so certain changes (like material) don't cause a reset on operators where the material has no effect. For now, the reset uses pretty broad strokes to cover all possibilities (some operators are dependent on object materials, for example).

From the editor right-click menu you can set the reset mode to "manual" to avoid an auto-reset when a change is detected. Then just refresh the simulation when you're ready to update it.

Thank you for the explanation! 
"....all possibilities..."  ... I assumed something like this a little bit. Keeping as much doors open as possible shouldn´t be that bad

just saw:

tyFlow v0.16108 (February 16 2021)

Additions:
    added editor buttons for enabled/disabling/refreshing a simulation

(thumb)

Cool