Uniform density & Save test values
Hi!
I think that I found 2 bugs:

1. The "Uniform density" checkbox in Position Object operator doesn't seem to work

2. When you try to "Save all test values" in "Test actions" tab in the "Split" operator it works as is supposed to just in "Percent of new particles" & "Per frame" modes

1) No, uniform density only guarantees that the probability of a particle being generated on a particular face is relative to the face's area. So if you have a mesh that is heavily subdivided and a mesh that is very low poly, they'll receive roughly the same distribution of particles. It does nothing to ensure particles are evenly spaced. You can use the separation setting in Position Object for that. Notice that in your screenshot you're scattering on a plane - the faces on a plane all have the same area so there will be no difference whether uniform is checked or not.

2) Thanks I'll look into it.
(02-18-2021, 03:55 PM)tyFlow Wrote: 1) No, uniform density only guarantees that the probability of a particle being generated on a particular face is relative to the face's area. So if you have a mesh that is heavily subdivided and a mesh that is very low poly, they'll receive roughly the same distribution of particles. It does nothing to ensure particles are evenly spaced. You can use the separation setting in Position Object for that. Notice that in your screenshot you're scattering on a plane - the faces on a plane all have the same area so there will be no difference whether uniform is checked or not.

2) Thanks I'll look into it.

Thx, you are the best!