TyParticleSkin used to tear?
Hello,
I can't seem to find many examples that use the TyparticleSkin modifier to "skin particles " and tear them (see MAX file)
In this example I created a sphere made from grains which breaks apart. I applied the TyParticleSkin Mod to a clone sphere and used the grain particles to drive the tearing apart .  The particles deform the sphere, however no tearing is happening. 

I've made sure to have "PysX Tear solver" checked inside of TyParticleSkin, and also used the TyfaceFracture Mod to detach the faces as instructed in the Documentation. However they just wont tear apart.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
Thanks

Attached Files
.rar   TyParticle Skin test set up.rar (Size: 57.23 KB / Downloads: 138)
From your description it doesn't sound like your particle setup is using PhysX (are you creating normal grains with Particle Physics instead?). The PhysX tearing mode only works with a setup using PhysX Binds. There is an official sample file showing how to use that mode.
Oh crap, no. The PhyX was in my event but must of gotten deleted at some point. Ok, that did the trick, it's tearing now, thank you.
I also would like to take a look at that sample file you mentioned, but couldn't locate it. Which folder is it in?
It's called tyFlow_rigidTearing_001.max.