is it possible to carry verlocity to the next event?
Video 
I am trying to make to 2 animated bodies collide and fracture. I have come to this same result using a few methods. but every time I fracture it and turn them to physX shapes they lose their velocity and fall straight to the ground without iherited motion from the previous flow. 

Is there a way to do this?

I have added a video of my result and my current flow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.mp4   running-fracture-collide-test2_preview.mp4 (Size: 488.07 KB / Downloads: 132)
Sure, you can use a Surface Force operator to transfer velocity from a target surface to your particles.
Thanks a lot for your reply, I had no idea that that was a feature of this operator. if i could understand this fully, this would really make a lot of the projects i have in mind happen. Could you please explain if this is the correct way of doing this? 

I added the surface force and told it to pick the tyflow event driving the skin. I don't see a settinf to say derive velocity froma previous flow.

I added 2 videos. 1 shoed surface force set to 1 and trhe second is to 10. 

I can't tell if this is the right way to do it.

Thanks

.mp4   surface-force-1.mp4 (Size: 587.97 KB / Downloads: 124)
.mp4   surface-force-10.mp4 (Size: 669.58 KB / Downloads: 127)
Isn't your setup using 2 skinned/animated characters in the scene? The scene object is what you'd select for the Surface Force...
(02-28-2021, 12:52 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Isn't your setup using 2 skinned/animated characters in the scene? The scene object is what you'd select for the Surface Force...

Maybe I’m going about this in a really convoluted way.

My 1st flow uses a single tyactor running animation, birthed from of 2 tyicons facing each other with Speed along the icon arrows with rotate looking at a central point so the actors face each other.

Second flow is a birth object, cloth bind, object bound to the first flow. Then I deconvert cloth bind, fracture and add physX shape.

Then all the physX fractures fall to the ground with no continuation of the direction they were going.

I know you are a busy guy so thanks for replying. Would love to get his right though.

Ohh...you're using tyActors. That's different then.

There's still ways to transfer forces that way though. Just attach the scene and I'll show you how.
You are the man! Thanks. I have attached the scene file.

this was the other method i was trying which is simpler but still couldn't get it.

Attached Files
.zip   tyactor-fracture-test.zip (Size: 3.33 MB / Downloads: 141)
.zip   tyactor-fracture-test-2.zip (Size: 3.34 MB / Downloads: 137)
I took a look at your setup. The first file was headed in the right direction. You just forgot to adjust the Surface Force settings. The attraction value is 5 and motion is 0. You want attraction to be 0 and want motion to be at least 100%...maybe even higher like 150% to really carry forward a lot of velocity. Also disable "simulate substeps" in this case.

The Surface Force won't pass on any spin information, so it may also be a good idea to add a Spin operator in there too for some angular velocity.

Attached Files
.mp4   tyactor-fracture-test_Perspective_preview_v004.mp4 (Size: 2.98 MB / Downloads: 137)
(03-01-2021, 08:08 AM)tyFlow Wrote: I took a look at your setup. The first file was headed in the right direction. You just forgot to adjust the Surface Force settings. The attraction value is 5 and motion is 0. You want attraction to be 0 and want motion to be at least 100%...maybe even higher like 150% to really carry forward a lot of velocity. Also disable "simulate substeps" in this case.

The Surface Force won't pass on any spin information, so it may also be a good idea to add a Spin operator in there too for some angular velocity.

Wow this is great, really good to know this. Thanks so much for taking the time to look at it. This is somthing i will be using a lot in the future.