Making Stiffer Cloth?
Any tips on getting single sided cloth to behave more "starchy" and stiff without the use of CUDA?  I can sort of get there if I shell my cloth source geo first and use some volume stiffness or inflation force, but for an open mesh it seems to always want to fully collapse onto the collision objects no matter how high I set the stiffness values and my particle physics bind steps in the main settings.

Basically I want to make the cloth resist completely flattening out upon collision with the ground. No matter what settings I adjust it always feels like some form silk or thin rubber. I would love it to behave more like burlap, plastic wrap or starched cotton where it tries to maintain some of it's shape after impact. I can always create some little actor rigs I guess with bones, etc...but seems like overkill.

Any advice or ideas are appreciated.  

The CUDA solver doesn't affect cloth stiffness.

Cloth stiffness is controlled by 3 things: 1) the bend stiffness in your cloth settings. 2) number of particle bind solver iterations (more = stiffer) 3) number of simulation time steps (smaller = stiffer).

You can also add an Angle Bind operator after your Cloth Bind operator, as an additional way to add further stiffness.
Angle Bind was the missing ingredient! Working much better after adding that. Thanks Tyson!