Refresh On Frame Change Only
I suspect this has been requested before, but not an easy concept to do a keyword search for.  I would love the addition of a non-realtime update mode that would prevent your TyFlow system from being refreshed until you change the current frame in the Max timeline.  This would allow much easier editing of your operators settings, source geo, forces, etc. on complex and slow setups without the need to constantly keep disabling and re-enabling it (or relying on the manual refresh option each time).  I think the best implementation would be another option under the Refresh Modes that behaves this way.  It's one of the only things I still miss about Thinking Particles Smile
The manual reset mode won't update the sim until a frame is changed, but it doesn't start from the beginning. Are you requesting a mode that restarts the entire sim, but only when the time is changed? Essentially a mode that automates the process of holding the ESC key? I haven't used TP in 10+ years so I'm not familiar with its behavior.
What he wants (I think), is the same what I want Smile
If I create some system... for example dynamic fracture sim, and press play, The Tyflow will try calculating and displaying all in realtime, therefore constantly skipping frames.
So, I need to go inside time options in 3DS Max, disable the "real time", and then it calculate it, where I can see my sim when it's calculating frame by frame.
But when the sim is done, I need to go AGAIN in the time option, and change it back in the realtime.
Simple "simulate" button would solve that (same like we have for cloth modifier, or PhoenixFD, or Fume), and after the sim is done, we just press play to see it in realtime.
Just so we don't need to go in time menu every 2 minutes.  

@mitchfx
Apologies if that's not what you meant.
@d4rk3lf Not exactly what I meant Smile

What I'm after is similar do the current "disabled" or "manual refresh" modes, where I can tweak operator settings, modify my source/collision geo, etc. to my heart's content and not have TyFlow try to keep updating with every little tweak.  Then when I'm ready to force the update I simply step ahead/back one frame or scrub the timebar instead of having to refresh or re-enabled the sim in TyFlow graph itself.  I hope this makes sense.

(03-11-2021, 06:55 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The manual reset mode won't update the sim until a frame is changed, but it doesn't start from the beginning. Are you requesting a mode that restarts the entire sim, but only when the time is changed? Essentially a mode that automates the process of holding the ESC key? I haven't used TP in 10+ years so I'm not familiar with its behavior.

Yes, I believe that is exactly what I'm asking for.  A way to let me tweak operator settings and dependent scene nodes without TyFlow trying to update constantly but quicker to then see the results by just changing the current frame in Max.