Can Material change smoothly over frames?
Hi, i am generating some objects which are small and grow in size and they stack up. But what i wanna do is make them white hot glowing when they are born. And the effect would be them appearing white and then cooling off to their normal color/material/ . Now i have a vray material with normal maps and such so can i make it transition from white to my vray material? 

thanks
If you look at the official example files, you can see how to interpolate through a gradient over time using particle age. That allows you to change particle color over time.
yes. I've been studying that scene. So i could control a gradient color in my diffuse or self illum map slot inside my material for example?
(03-24-2021, 04:15 PM)devailo Wrote: yes. I've been studying that scene. So i could control a gradient color in my diffuse or self illum map slot inside my material for example?

Yeah there is a custom properties tutorial you can find on YouTube that explain what you are asking for
Yeah, i got it , one important thing i missed was the normalized values in the mapping operator - in the tutorial its 0 - 150 - which meant frames and i missed this , in my case i need less than 10 frames to see the results . So i got it working now ! thanks a bunch,