Exclude Particles From V-Ray Lights
Hey guys,

Can anyone guide me towards the proper way of excluding individual particles from lights, or if it's even possible to have multiple particles in a flow but exclude/include individual particles from various lights?

I can't even seem to get the entire Tyflow object to exclude at all, so I'm sure it's PEBKAC on my part?

Thanks in advance!
Apologies for the bump, trying to figure out if I’ll be able to finalize my project or if I need switch gears and redo?

Prior to my original post, I couldn’t find anything in the online manual regarding V-Ray exclude / include of Tyflow particles for individual lights.

Is this not yet possible or is it something that is perhaps is controlled within Tyflow itself?

I’m very grateful for any guidance anyone might offer!
I think it's more of vray limitation, then Tyflow.
If Vray, for example, supported excluding lights from objects that have certain mat ID, then it would be very easy.

The only thing I can think of is filtering all the events (with particle groups), and just creating simple reference flow.
Where your Tyflow 02 /that is referencing certain Tyflow 01 events) is just excluded from the light.
You just make sure that in Tyflow 01, for that exact same events, you don't have mesh operator (so they are not renderable).

Maybe someone will have much better idea.

Attaching a simple file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   Vray_Light_exclude.rar (Size: 48.18 KB / Downloads: 162)
Thank you for your reply!

I’ll try breaking out to multiple Tyflows but maybe it’s the latest version of V-Ray 5 that seems I can’t exclude an entire Tyflow setup from any lights, so I suspect it is as you’ve said just something with this latest V-Ray build. Thanks again!