intersection between particles
any way to get the intersections between particles to then be deleted or being tested to be used down the flow?
You can do a property test to check for nearby neighbors and delete if X num neighbors are withing Y radius, etc.

Still have to work on data propagation for the second part of your question. Eventually I'd like a more generalized approach to saving operator data to custom channels for re-use.
that is awesome man.
ok i was wondering if its possible to get rotation property of the particles .. i didn't saw the rotation limit in the limit operator too .. is there any technical reason behind that?
Never thought of really limiting overall rotation....I guess I could add that? Can you describe a scenario where that would be useful?
(04-08-2019, 02:59 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Never thought of really limiting overall rotation....I guess I could add that? Can you describe a scenario where that would be useful?
to get rid of the geos that are sticking out(due to their rotation.. when the object has a protruded shape) while accumulated on a surface.

i did it in some other ways ... but it would be nice if you could just limit the rotation so they dont break the overall silhouette, something like this:

For that you can set rotation operator so 'surface align' and then set your surface. Rotation of particles will then be aligned along their z-axis to surface normals.
(04-08-2019, 04:10 AM)tyFlow Wrote: For that you can set rotation operator so 'surface align' and then set your surface. Rotation of particles will then be aligned along their z-axis to surface normals.

here is what i have already:

Make sure the length-wise axis of your shape (assuming you're using a custom reference node) is aligned on the z-axis.

If you're scaling a built-in shape, make sure you scale along the z-axis.

This way the long part of the shape will align with the surface normals. You can also apply rotation offset using the spinners at the top of the rotation operator to properly align your axis, if they're rotated.

Attached is an example image.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

man you're such a helper .. 

what i was looking for was something like this:

not sticking out .. just aligned to the surface while having random direction and there is not so much gap between them ... and they accumulate on top of each other .. 
and am happy with the result that i have got..  Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
Ah I see.

Another way might be to create a PhysX flow of your particles, attract them to the surface with a surface force and get them to a frame where you like how they look (by that point they should be hugging the surface and properly colliding with each other).

Then make a 2nd flow and use a Birth Flow operator to import the result of the first flow as an initial state of the 2nd flow. From there they don't need to be PhysX particles anymore...but you'll be starting with a visually pleasing state.

But maybe a simple surface align is enough for your purposes.
yeah sir that is what i did actually .. i used a physx node so that i sorta fix the issue of both intersection and also sticking them to the surface (binding object) while other particles are born.
also a limiter on spin so that they are more aligned.
then to force the outward particles to get closer i used a push in/out node

thank you ..