Someone inspired to make some example files for groups and custom properties?
I was thinking about posting this in the features forum, but considering how many people might be smarter than me (apart from Tyson), maybe someone else feels inspired to help me (and others hopefully) out with this...

Playing around all weekend long with tyFlow, one thing kind of crystallized out of it:

There is often a very simple way to achieve something that seems complicated in my head and there are a few operators that are key in creating more complex setups.

Although I have to do a lot of particle stuff in my work, my brain just doesn´t work very logical, but rather artistically and I´m having trouble understanding some of the mechanics.
Looking at stuff makes me understand stuff much faster usually...

Couple of things I don´t quite get yet:

1. Groups. 
There is the particle group operator, but there are also a couple of other grouping options in some operators ,like "collider simulaion groups"...actually thats the only one I just found looking for them...Anyways.

I understand the basic idea of grouping, but I´m a bit fishy about what that means in detail (what are some possible scenarios for setting up different simulation groups)...so a couple of simple scenes focussed on that part would be great.

2. Custom properties/ Properties test

Again...I understand some of the features, others I´m a bit fuzzy about.
A lot of it comes from not understanding the basic differences between "Custom float", "Custom Vector" and "Custom TM", which I guess I really should have done my homework by now, after almost 10 years of working in 3D...
But I also don´t understand for exampe, if I´m supposed to set all three, or if I just set one and pick that property in the properties test, etc.
Or how and when I need to convert values.

Its not that I´m lazy, my brain just processes these ideas better, when seeing examples...One great example is the UVW gradient example, that made it clear

The more basic these examples are, the better!