PhoenixFD + TyFlow
I wanted to dig deeper into TyFlow and combine it with PhoenixFD, but before i waste time on things that are not possible (yet?) and maybe someone else already tried (couldnt find anything about the following topics with the search function), i wanted to ask if it is possible to:

-let objects float on a Phoenix FD Liquid surface?

-tear cloth apart by the weigth of water? 

-push objects around by water?

-let particles rise with heat of a Phoenix FD Fire? This one seems to work: https://youtu.be/bU-fC7ONfp0

Thanks in advance!
I would like to know about this too, i even sure this is smh possible now.
Quote:-let objects float on a Phoenix FD Liquid surface?

This should be simple: object bind your particles to the generated liquid mesh? and then move them around, possibly by fluid op?

Quote:-tear cloth apart by the weigth of water? 

thats bit more difficult. Since phoenix doesn´t have rigid body or cloth interaction built in, you´d have to fake it:

1. Sim cloth shape with fake water (sphere with noise or something), including tearing.
2. Fill that cloth shape with phoenix liquid and sim.

If you get some good reference of cloth filled with water, you can probably mimic the weight of the water and just handkey something....

Quote:-push objects around by water?

Another fake one...:

1. Create setup with physx, that mimics liquid particles (think "ball pit"), to push static objects around.
2. Create liquid sim with cached static objects.

Phoenix needs to get liquid rigid body interaction going...
I don't have any bouyancy forces or calculations at the moment, so rising in water will require a clever workaround rather than a straight approach. However, any forces that exist in a PhoenixFD grid (liquid, smoke, etc....anything with a velocity channel), can affect particles.
Lightbulb 
(04-08-2019, 10:42 PM)tyFlow Por el Wrote: momento no tengo ninguna fuerza de flotación ni cálculos, por lo que elevarse en el agua requerirá una solución inteligente en lugar de un enfoque directo. Sin embargo, cualquier fuerza que exista en una cuadrícula PhoenixFD (líquido, humo, etc., cualquier cosa con un canal de velocidad) puede afectar a las partículas.

Hola, primero que nada. Gracias por su excelente complemento, al usar solo el tyCache (fragmentos) para simular humo con PhoenixFD me da este error: ¡la simulación se detuvo debido a errores numéricos! Por favor ayuda, gracias de nuevo. (Su escene muy simple para prueba.)

Jesús.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)