Mesh and materials seems to be not consistent in tycache (vray GPU)
Hello, I have some issues that I would like to highlight that maybe could already be solved, but as far as I know and read from the version history, seems like it is still there. I haven't updated to the latest beta for consistency in renderfarm and user pc reason. I am using v0.16127.

So some of the issues I have are as follows (Everything is vray GPU)

When I am rendering grass, I have the flow set so that it's taking material from reference node. After that, I tycache it out to render in farm. I only cache 1 frame and hold because there's no need for grass movement, and I set the tycache to start and end with that particular frame, set to Hold. Sometimes, the grass just disappears from farm on certain nodes for that particular render job. I just tried to resolve it by re-sending the missing frames to farm. Now the materials applied are different, and I can see flickers on the shader because they are not the same grass materials. Any idea what's causing it?

I could potentially just use a multisub, and then assigning matID operator set to random, then cache it out. But it seems to defeat the purpose of having materials referenced from nodes in the first place.

Did i set things wrong in the flow for this to happen? It happens over and over in multiple scenes that I am beginning to think I must've done something wrong somewhere.

That aside, I am very thankful for the existence of tyflow. It has improved my 3D life immensely. Sincerely thank you.
Make sure all farm nodes are using the exact same version of tyFlow that you used to export. Also make sure all farm nodes are able to see the cache path.

If it works with VRay CPU and not VRay GPU, you'll have to contact Chaos Group directly...they are responsible for the tyFlow GPU implementation.
(10-28-2021, 08:40 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Make sure all farm nodes are using the exact same version of tyFlow that you used to export. Also make sure all farm nodes are able to see the cache path.

If it works with VRay CPU and not VRay GPU, you'll have to contact Chaos Group directly...they are responsible for the tyFlow GPU implementation.

Understood. I'll double check before raising the issue with them.

EDIT: I just tried using CPU to render. The shaders switching around is still present. The mesh doesn't disappear on some nodes like GPU though so that's one problem down. I also checked farm and user PC version. They are identical.

EDIT2: Additional information. The shader network is using vray multisub (random by renderID). It seems like it can be fixed if i stick to FaceMaterialID and set the ID number to random in tyFlow.