DR / network rendering and other Vray / Arnold questions
Hi all,
I searched docs, forum posts and facebook group but didnt find any answer.

EDIT:
Can someone please tell me what is the correct procedure to render tyFlow animations with Vray distributed rendering? Could these informations be part of the documentation pages?

I managed to make it work, I had to double check all the tyFlow dlo versions in plugin folder, and reinstalled the same Vray version on the various machines: now DR seems to work correctly.

Is tyFlow Backburner compatible, and if it is, is there any particular operator needed to correctly send jobs to pcs over a lan?
Is it possible to render tyFlow animations with Arnold renderer?

Thank you for your help, and thank you Tyson Ibele for all the work you are doing and the support you are providing to all the community: this is by far one of the best tool/plugin for 3ds max and VFX artists. Thank you again.
EDIT 2: DR not working properly... On 3 machines, every machine renders a different bucket content and the whole render doesnt match...
All machine are 3ds max 2020 + Vray Next 4.1.003 + tyFlow 0.16010.
Any clue?
Are you using a Particle Physics operator, or a PhysX operator?
PhysX I think (see attached image), maybe I'm doing it wrong... Dont know if the 3 mesh operators are correct, but if I leave only the last one particles (3d geo mid-res toruses) dont render at all...
I'm using this setup to fill a mixer and break the particles with the blades...
The double collision operator are there because I want the particles to fracture only on blades collision, but not with vase collision...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It looks ok at first glance. If you're getting inconsistent results across machines, it's probably due to the PhysX determinism bug I've logged on the roadmap (render a tyCache instead of the flow itself as a workaround). If you're getting completely black frames, make sure you're not rendering VRay elements...that's a different bug I've also logged (tyFlow renders black when VRay elements are enabled).

If none of these things work, send the file to support@tyflow.com so I can take a look.
Ok, if I use a tyCache instead of the flow itself it renders correctly on all 3 machines via DR.
Thank you for your help!
Cool! Hopefully more of these rendering quirks will be squashed in future versions.