v1.0052 max 2023 spinners update only on mouse up
For the most part all spinners in TyFlow Max 2023 only update on mouse up.
Max 2022 seems free of this issue.
Andy
Interesting….I’ll look into it. Thanks!
Hmm, a quick test in 2023 and I can't repeat it...both operator spinners and modifier spinners update continuously while dragging.

Could you clarify how to reproduce this?
(06-28-2022, 11:06 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm, a quick test in 2023 and I can't repeat it...both operator spinners and modifier spinners update continuously while dragging.

Could you clarify how to reproduce this?

Very simple to repeat on my machine. 
Just make a tyflow object, a geosphere, scatter on geosphere preset, go to shape op and adjust scale. 
I'm also using 2 4k monitors plus an additional 2 k monitor. 
Even the Time Step TimeScale param only updates on Mouse Up. The Show Icon param updates fine.
Oddly, I have noticed that on this machine that the stock push mod also suffers from a mouse up update issue as well.

Andy
By "only updates on mouse up" do you mean that the flow doesn't reset until the mouse is released? Or do you mean that the value in the spinner doesn't change until the mouse is released?
(06-29-2022, 12:33 AM)tyFlow Wrote: By "only updates on mouse up" do you mean that the flow doesn't reset until the mouse is released? Or do you mean that the value in the spinner doesn't change until the mouse is released?

Yes, I left click mouse down on the spinner and move the mouse up or down with zero feedback, running blind, mouse up and a value appears in the box and everything updates.
Interesting....so you see the previous value frozen until mouse up? Or the value disappears and the spinner is empty until mouse up? Perhaps I could trouble you for a short screencap of it happening?
Btw regardless of further details I still can't repro...so in the spindrag logic of the next build I'll just toss a call to a manual repaint function and we'll cross fingers that it works (probably will go live tonight). Qt is a bit quirky in a few places so it's potentially related to your specific monitor resolution setup.
(06-29-2022, 01:05 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Interesting....so you see the previous value frozen until mouse up? Or the value disappears and the spinner is empty until mouse up? Perhaps I could trouble you for a short screencap of it happening?

Just imagine everything; interface and scene viewports freezing on mouseDown and the update instantly at mouseUp. I have no idea what value I will get until I 
MouseUp.

(06-29-2022, 01:15 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Btw regardless of further details I still can't repro...so in the spindrag logic of the next build I'll just toss a call to a manual repaint function and we'll cross fingers that it works (probably will go live tonight). Qt is a bit quirky in a few places so it's potentially related to your specific monitor resolution setup.

I'll check it out as soon as you post and I see it.
(06-29-2022, 01:25 AM)AndyMurdock Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 01:05 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Interesting....so you see the previous value frozen until mouse up? Or the value disappears and the spinner is empty until mouse up? Perhaps I could trouble you for a short screencap of it happening?

Just imagine everything; interface and scene viewports freezing on mouseDown and the update instantly at mouseUp. I have no idea what value I will get until I 
MouseUp.

(06-29-2022, 01:15 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Btw regardless of further details I still can't repro...so in the spindrag logic of the next build I'll just toss a call to a manual repaint function and we'll cross fingers that it works (probably will go live tonight). Qt is a bit quirky in a few places so it's potentially related to your specific monitor resolution setup.

I'll check it out as soon as you post and I see it.

1.0053 is not fixing issue, now we have the updating happening incrementally after the mouseUp.

In the video, unfortunately OBS screen capture does not have mouse activity overlays, when I click on the spinner and move the mouse to change the value> still everything is not updating until I mouseUp. But, now the value walks up/down to the final adjustment value after I mouseUp.

1.0053 in Max 2022 shows no problem at all.

Attached Files
.mp4   QT_1.0053SpinnerBug2.mp4 (Size: 3.63 MB / Downloads: 68)
Wow that is incredibly strange Andy...I'm baffled as to why that's happening on your machine...I'll see what I can do to look further into this...thanks for you patience.

Btw can you post the exact build # of 2023 you have installed?
(06-29-2022, 05:10 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Wow that is incredibly strange Andy...I'm baffled as to why that's happening on your machine...I'll see what I can do to look further into this...thanks for you patience.

Btw can you post the exact build # of 2023 you have installed?

I'm thinking that because there is an identical issue with the stock Push modifier,
there might be something there to investigate. I'll ask at the max beta forum.
Andy
Tyson, I'm going to reinstall 2023 and see what happens. I don't want to waste your time if this is all mine.
Andy
Deleting the folder C... User\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2023 - 64bit\ENU
Fixed all the issues. It' s not TyFlow
Onward
Sorry for the distraction.
Andy
So weird…wish I understood the cause! Glad it’s solved either way.