Renderfarm issues
I have a scene with several tysplines operators and everything renders fine locally, but when submitted to our renderfarm, only the first 20 or so frameender properly. anything after has no tysplines at all.
I am using max 2021
It's probably a good idea to export the splines to tyCache before network rendering.
(07-26-2022, 12:14 AM)tyFlow Wrote: It's probably a good idea to export the splines to tyCache before network rendering.

That would be a less than ideal solution as we are rendering tapered splines with the tysplines modifier
The strange thing is that it renders just fine up to frame 20. and after that it disappears. locally it renders just fine.
I'm not sure I understand...why wouldn't it be ideal? The Export Particles operator in tyCache (splines) mode can export splines to tyCache with the exact data held by the tySplines modifier. Then you'd put your normal spline modifiers on the tyCache (ex: tySplineMesher) and the results would be identical....with the added bonus of not having any issues like not rendering certain frames on the farm, because the result isn't dependent on a sim.
One thing you can also try: make sure in your network render scene that the source tyFlow for the tySplines object is unhidden. You don’t have to have the particles renderable (ie, they don’t need a Mesh operator)…but the only other thing I can think of is that the flow might not be updating the tySplines object properly if it’s hidden and its evaluation is therefore being skipped.
yeah it is visible. i have made a simple scene with a tyflow birth and some simple splines with a vray material assigned. renders just fine locally, crashes in the renderfarm. maybe there is something wrong with the tyflow render 1.06?
If it’s actually crashing, please see if you can retrieve the minidump from the machine and send it over. Info about how to find it is in the sticky post of this subforum.
no minidump and tyflow.log does not show anything. i believe this test scene is crashing before anything can be logged really. frame 0 renders, but no particles in it yet. i will email the file to support