Education License ?
Hello and congrats for your work, already said that, but ok, you deserve it ;-)

I'm both freelancer and 3D teacher in a graphics school (Lille, France).

As a freelancer, i've bought TyFlow Pro for my use.

As a teacher i'm a bit concerned : the price is ok for pros, but not for students / schools.
Do you plan to offer an educational license system ? 

Of course, they can use the free version, but if they need TyFlow for school projects, or for their end of studies short film, it will be very long for them to process.

I thought to export a cache on my pro PC, but as the free version can't export, it seams that it neither can use a TyCache already present in a 3D scene.

I understand that there could be some abuse with edu licenses, but maybe you could work with 3D schools that are using TyFlow : they could give a list of their actual students in 3D classes, or you could ask for a student ID...

Also, the school itself is not willing to buy 25-50 pro licenses, far too expensive for them.

Any suggestion / idea would be great.

Best regards.
Claudio
Hi Claudio,

I don't currently offer an educational version beyond the free version. However, the free version can definitely import tyCaches...it just can't export them. So there's no problem with exporting from the pro version and then loading/using them in the free version.

In the future I may offer a separate educational license, but I am still undecided on the matter. In the meantime, the free version is still a very capable learning tool.
(08-18-2022, 11:13 PM)tyFlow Wrote: ... In the meantime, the free version is still a very capable learning tool.

but very very very slow Angel
I do have to second claudio's thoughts. congrats on a great effort.

I too am a VFX artist and a teacher. if you were to offer school lab licenses, it would allow schools to feature your software as a major component in the production pipeline. students could access the free license for their own laptops and the school would have pro licenses in their lab. many major software powerhouses already offer this arrangement. these same kids are the future freelance studios. opening this door would be a great opportunity for them. and by weaving tyFlow into their production work flow, creates future customers for your software.

-frank
(08-18-2022, 11:13 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hi Claudio,

I don't currently offer an educational version beyond the free version. However, the free version can definitely import tyCaches...it just can't export them. So there's no problem with exporting from the pro version and then loading/using them in the free version.

In the future I may offer a separate educational license, but I am still undecided on the matter. In the meantime, the free version is still a very capable learning tool.

Hello Tyson,
I'm back with the EDU licenses question.
As you maybe remember, beside my freelancer status, i'm also 3D teacher for a french school : MJM Graphic Design
http://www.mjm-design.com/
Since i've seen Tyflow in action, i'm very found of it, like lots of people. And my fisrt idea was to teach it to my students.
Thing is that the free version is far too slow to be used for students' exercices / school films production.
I get the way you manage that, and i do think you deserve to be rich from your wonderfull work.
Just i still have to let an old max 2022 version on the school PCs to be able to let them use the beta version, so they can put some Tyflow's SFX in their exercices and students films.

I would understand that you hesitate to give tyflow at some EDU price (Autodesk gives theirs for free for 3 years, Chaos sell EDU at 10% of the regular price...),
but maybe you could create a pack, with 10, 20, 30 EDU licenses, so even at 10% of the regular price, you would get good money ?

And of course, the way students would be addicted to Tyflow is some customers for you in the future.

Another thing that could help : to make wan IP-locked EDU licenses, so you are sure that nobody is taking license outside the school.

Please let me know if you can help us using your great tool. It is defenetely a plus for students' films / exercices.

Best regards.