tyCache retime bugs
The retimer in tyFlow objects is a bit broken: Switching to "By speed" doesn't grey out the "By frame" settings, while the "By speed" settings STAY greyed out, so you can't use them.

Also, sometimes, when setting time-keys for retiming, even when playing at 100% speed (so basically setting a frame 0 key at frame 0 of the timeline, and a frame 100 key at frame 100 of the timeline - linear interpolation, of course), tyCache displays frames inbetween the actual whole frames (so the whole animation is offset by a certain amount of ticks), leading to flickering, when frames are shown where particles get scaled out of existence. Manually entering a different value, and then entering the whole-frame value again fixes this, but it's weird this is happening at all. Maybe an option to "display only cached frames" might be an option?
Are your keyframes linear? If you have tangents on them, that would explain the interpolation issues.
As I wrote above, they are linear Wink
The broken spinners are fixed in the next build already, to be released soon.

You can disable the "scale out of existence" thing in the tyCache settings (there's an option for scaling on subframes when dead), however, that doesn't explain the subframes you're seeing if your keys are indeed linear.

The only "normal" cause for that is typical floating point errors that exist all throughout max (where 1.0 might display as .999999), which is just a regular floating point precision issue. But that shouldn't have a visible impact on playback.

Another thing: if you're just hitting "play" and your time configuration is set to "realtime", 3dsmax will playback subframes if it thinks it needs to. So what you're seeing in the viewport might not reflect what you'd actually see in the render. So maybe do a playblast and see if the artifacts are still visible.
Ah, fair enough. Disabling the scale-up and scale-down (and option I missed before) indeed fixes the "wrong" frames - and also the motion blur issues I had (which I mentioned in the render issues thread).

While we're at it, is there a reason tyCache doesn't display textures? tyFlow itself properly works with the "show maps in viewport" option of the materials, while tyCache objects only display an average color of the texture map used.
Hmm, if you can provide a scene file along with your textures to support@tyflow.com I can take a look. Texture display on tyCache works fine on my own scenes.
(04-11-2019, 12:20 PM)Laserschwert Wrote: The retimer in tyFlow objects is a bit broken: Switching to "By speed" doesn't grey out the "By frame" settings, while the "By speed" settings STAY greyed out, so you can't use them.

This bug still exists in TyCache objects in the latest beta (16016).
Thanks for letting me know.