Particle Physics under birth flow
Photo 
Does particle Physics work under birth flow?  

A simple test file.

In the 1st flow,  2000 particles on a 5' cube.    in the 2nd, under birth flow,  they move to a 5' diameter sphere.    There's a Particle Physics operator with a collide radius of 5'.   the "keep away/collide" function doesn't seem to work when it's under a birth flow.   

Is there another way to keep distance between particles when moving from one object to another?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.max   test particle flow after birth flow.max (Size: 456 KB / Downloads: 72)
I guess I've come up with a stumper.

In my actual project, I have a 12 min particle sequence. To keep things manageable, I've broken it up in to sections and am using Birthflow/flowupdate so I'm not running a recalc on the entire sim at every change.

This project requires there to be a discreet distance between particles throughout the entire sim. Everything works great up until the first birth flow then Particle Physics seems to stop working.

Is this a bug? working as intended? Is it possible to accomplish what I'm after?
Your Fluid Update operator is likely overriding any changes made to particles with your other operators. At the end of each time step, Particle Physics does it work...then at the beginning of the next timestep, Fluid Update reverts the changes. That's why you're not seeing it really do anything...