Fan effect
I'm looking a way for creating a fan like effect to particle stream. So far I have made various tests with different operators including tyWind, Surface Force and Force. The force should affect particles only when they are passing the quite narrow gap, where the fan is.

When this is solved, there's also a need for separating heavy particles from the light ones (stones and wood chips). Is there a particle channel option to use for separating which particles are affected?
Anyone?

In other words, I would need to simulate air blast through a small gap. The air would be supporting the light particles, as they travel over the gap while the heavy particles are not supported and they fall down through the gap.
You can assign masses to particles and also have forces be affected by masses. Check out the relevant settings in the Mass and Force operators. From there it shouldn't be hard to tweak values so that 'heavy' particles aren't affected by your wind force as much as 'light' particles.
(10-12-2022, 09:05 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You can assign masses to particles and also have forces be affected by masses. Check out the relevant settings in the Mass and Force operators. From there it shouldn't be hard to tweak values so that 'heavy' particles aren't affected by your wind force as much as 'light' particles.

Thanks,

The problem is in placement of the airflow. I'm trying to have the air blow effect only in two gaps of 5 x 3 000 mm. However, when using the Force operators, those are affecting to very wide area - not in the narrow gap only.

So I miss a rectangular wind operator with dimensions of 5 x 3 000 mm. Like a rectangular spot light, where the light beam would be adjustable. instead of illuminating it should push the particles according to the imaginary light distribution.
The tyWind helper has options to add colliders...just place some colliders around it to mimic the thin gap you need, to block the wind from affecting anything outside that gap. If particles are moving fast you'll likely need to reduce sim timesteps as well.