Error when opening Max
I'm getting errors after I install tyflow, just wondering if this has been seen by anyone else.  Have no issues with any other plugin I have but as soon as I drop tyflow into the plugins folder and open max, the dll errors pop up.  I can still click past these errors and use tyflow but if I right click on objects to get to the object properties, another error pops up.  So making max not fully functional.  

When I delete tyflow from the plugins folder, all goes back to normal and everything works as expected.  I've been trying to figure it out for days. I see posts online saying could be user prefs but forcing new user prefs has no effect.  There were a few other things I tried but nothing worked.  The most extreme fix is to clean uninstall max and reinstall.  Before I do that I wanted to check here because like I said, never had any issue in max until tyflow.  So if there's a bug or something within tyflow that is causing this to occur, I don't want to go through the hassle of clean installing for no reason.

Thanks

There are a select few other people who have had the same issue.

First thing you can try is the solution outlined here:

https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/max-stat...t_to_load/

If you google the error you can find other people's attempted solutions too, although nobody (including myself) really know the cause.

The next build of tyFlow has some extra logging features that will hopefully allow me to track down the cause of the problem on other peoples' machines, since i"m unable to replicate it here.
Thanks for the reply. I somehow didn't find that solution but I will try it out. I did load tyflow on to an old machine with no problems. Good work on tyflow by the way!
Just an update. With me getting these errors and wanted to fully use tyflow, this gave me the push to finally move from windows 7 to 10. The idea was to reformat and do a clean install of windows 10. A clean system and new install of Max that may have had some kind of corruption should work, right? Unfortunately after doing so and installing 2018 Max again, same errors. Installed 2019 and same thing. I also tried it on right after the clean install of Max too, no other plugins installed. Made no difference.

If anyone gets these wrapper errors and figures them out I'd like to know what you did. So disappointing.
Sorry to hear you're still having these issues. Unfortunately, they're being triggered after tyFlow is initialized so whatever is causing them is not something I can debug directly. Autodesk developers themselves would have to chime in.
Tyson,

Just another update. I was able to finally get tyflow to play nice with my machine. I kept glossing over one of the Autodesk solutions til last night. Basically the solution in my case was to add 3ds max to the windows environment variable. I really know nothing about how or why it works but looks like from the max errors, Windows could not find either Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.dll and SlateSdkWrapper.dll. But this only happens after I place the tyflow dll in plugins. If I remove it, Max is fine. Seems related to tyflow in some way seeing how the dll is what triggers the message. Thought I'd update in case other run into this.

Seems to be working fine now, no errors on startup and my right click menu in Max no longer gives my an error.

Here was the solution that did it for me. Add a System Variable:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3...s-Max.html
Thank you waitinggame! I'm glad you solved the issue, I'll forward anyone else who has that issue to this post.
(04-26-2019, 12:31 PM)waitinggame Wrote: Tyson,

Just another update.  I was able to finally get tyflow to play nice with my machine.  I kept glossing over one of the Autodesk solutions til last night.  Basically the solution in my case was to add 3ds max to the windows environment variable.  I really know nothing about how or why it works but looks like from the max errors, Windows could not find either Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.dll and SlateSdkWrapper.dll.  But this only happens after I place the tyflow dll in plugins.  If I remove it, Max is fine.  Seems related to tyflow in some way seeing how the dll is what triggers the message.  Thought I'd update in case other run into this.

Seems to be working fine now, no errors on startup and my right click menu in Max no longer gives my an error.

Here was the solution that did it for me.  Add a System Variable:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3...s-Max.html

So whats the exact steps? Autodesk help is horrible. Thanks in advance!
Ansi
Ansi,

This is what I used from that link.

Add a System Variable:
Open the Windows 10 Control Panel.
Change the Control Panel settings to View by: Small Icons (or Large Icons.)
Select System, then click on the Advanced system settings link.
Click Environment Variables. In the section System Variables, find the PATH environment variable and select it. Click Edit. (If the PATH environment variable does not exist, click New.)
In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, add the following line:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max <version>\
Reboot your machine and see if this fixes the issue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This problem is actually fixed in the next build (v0.16017). So, soon there won't be a need for the system path shenanigans.
Nice, I will remove the variable, test the new build and let you know what happens.
Just deleted the env variables for Max and tested the updated .dlo. Looks to be fixed for me. Thanks!
(05-02-2019, 12:42 AM)waitinggame Wrote: Just deleted the env variables for Max and tested the updated .dlo.  Looks to be fixed for me.  Thanks!

Hi Tyson,

We are using version 016055 and are having the same issue.
I tried the variable change, we reinstalled 3dsmax and we are still running into the issue on some render nodes of our farm.

All of our render nodes have the same software but the only difference on the ones which have the problem is hardware. Could the error be related to specific hardware or drivers?
Please let me know if you'd like and I can send you the machine specs.

Btw, awesome plugin! Smile

Thanks!

Chris
Create an empty file called "c:\noOpenCL.tyf" and see if the machines boot up....
(10-30-2019, 07:49 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Create an empty file called "c:\noOpenCL.tyf" and see if the machines boot up....
Thanks so much for your help that did the trick!

So is disabling openCl not a big deal if it's just on our render farm?
We are curious to know what this does exactly? Should we do it on all of our farm computers even the ones which don't have the error?

Chris
If Max is actually crashing while trying to initialize OpenCL, that usually means you've got bad OpenCL drivers on the machines. I'd suggest upgrading the GPU drivers on all crashing machines and also read the FAQ about removing bad drivers in the max root directory:

http://docs.tyflow.com/faq/performance/

tyFlow will still run without OpenCL acceleration, it just means the bind solver (Cloth/Particle Bind/Particle Physics) will run a lot slower. If it's just farm machines reporting the error, it shouldn't really matter since I'd recommend caching out any flows you plan on rendering anyways before rendering....and caches aren't affected by the GPU acceleration at all.
Thanks Tyson, really appreciate how quick you solve that issue and the explanations!

Chris