Scale Birth Skeleton Operator as a group
Hi, I'm new to tyflow and was wondering if someone can help me.

I am trying to make an animation in which items (furniture, trees, etc) start to show up from nothing. I already have the furniture setup, with a birth Object Operator, saving the custom properties, setting the scale 0 and rotation to 90, then I restore the custom properties and I get the desired effect.  

My problem is that I can't find a way to do the same for a dynamic tree made with a birth skeleton operator, If I try to scale this one to 0 or rotate it, each bone gets scaled or rotated individually but not the complete tree as a group, is this possible ?  If so can someone tell me how this could be done ?

Basically, how can I scale and rotate a birth skeleton as a group ?

Thanks,
Guillermo Leal
Guillermo Leal Llaguno
I would setup the tree in one flow, then import that flow as a tyActor into your scaling flow. Scale the tyActor root particle, and the rig particles (the tree) will scale together.
(12-10-2022, 03:18 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I would setup the tree in one flow, then import that flow as a tyActor into your scaling flow. Scale the tyActor root particle, and the rig particles (the tree) will scale together.

Thanks for your the replay, 

I can now scale and flip the tree as an actor but the dynamics are lost. Not really sure what is wrong.

Having the dynamic tree alone works fine. all the branches, leaves move as expected but if I add it to the flipping flow then it acts as a static tree.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Guillermo Leal Llaguno
You can bring PhysX binds over with a tyActor, but you have to add the proper operators.

In the second flow, output the rig particles from the Actor operator into another event. Then add a PhysX Shape with the same settings as your first flow, and a PhysX Bind operator set to 'actor' mode. The settings from the first flow will then be brought into the setting, allowing your actor to be dynamic.
(12-11-2022, 01:58 AM)tyFlow Wrote: You can bring PhysX binds over with a tyActor, but you have to add the proper operators.

In the second flow, output the rig particles from the Actor operator into another event. Then add a PhysX Shape with the same settings as your first flow, and a PhysX Bind operator set to 'actor' mode. The settings from the first flow will then be brought into the setting, allowing your actor to be dynamic.

Huh Sorry I can't figure it out....

Do you have some screen captures ? so I can understand.

Guillermo Leal
Guillermo Leal Llaguno
See attached.

(Note: while testing this I noticed some weird behavior that happens if you scale a PhysX actor...so that's why in Event_002 of tyFlow002 I only activate the particles after 1 frame with the second PhysX Switch operator - if the particles are switched from kinematic to dynamic after 1 frame, that seems to solve the issue. The issue itself is probably a bug - I will make sure it's fixed in v1.012)

Attached Files
.max   trees.max (Size: 740 KB / Downloads: 84)
(12-11-2022, 02:52 AM)tyFlow Wrote: See attached.

(Note: while testing this I noticed some weird behavior that happens if you scale a PhysX actor...so that's why in Event_002 of tyFlow002 I only activate the particles after 1 frame with the second PhysX Switch operator - if the particles are switched from kinematic to dynamic after 1 frame, that seems to solve the issue. The issue itself is probably a bug - I will make sure it's fixed in v1.012)

Excellent thank you so much, I didn't even thought of the PhysX switch that did the trick. 

Now I have to go back to the dynamic tree as Its exploding. strange it was working fine when I had just a few branches. Do you have any idea what could be causing this ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Guillermo Leal Llaguno
Can't tell without seeing the file, no.
(12-11-2022, 06:07 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Can't tell without seeing the file, no.

Hi,

Below are links to a max file and 3 videos, The idea is that the tree stars invisible with a scale of 0 and rotated 90, then the tree flips and scales to 100% and that's when the dynamics kick in. 
I plan to do the flapping first then activate the dynamics when the tree is straight so the leaves, branches don't go flying all over the place

The 3 videos show, one the tree dynamics, another the flipping process and the third the tree exploding. it explodes at the frame when physx switch activates the dynamic.

The tree mesh has a modifier deleting most of the branches just to speed things a bit while testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6gdoktpnjh3yi...m.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9jm4xkgcf88ka...s.m4v?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iscr7sjzczdcmx...e.m4v?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7rr6e9hha9t3m...p.m4v?dl=0
Guillermo Leal Llaguno
Just wanted to take you again,  I still need to do more work but its no longer exploding.  Smile 

There are so many parameters..  Confused I whish your help page had gif's for the parameters just to get an idea of what each does.

Awesome plugin !

Guillemro
Guillermo Leal Llaguno