Can the copy function in the "Terrain Tile" operator be randomized?
HI,tyson!
  I think the "copy" function of the "Terrain Tile" operator is very good, but in practical applications, it is often necessary to make these mountains more "random", such as some changes in angle, size, height, and so on, which is more natural. What about adding such randomization parameters to the "copy" of the "Terrain Tile" operator?
Or some of the copied mountains can be automatically given a random seed to make similar changes in the shape of the mountains.
These are just my superficial ideas, and I'm not sure whether there is any mistake in logic.thx!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi cgdvs,

While copy randomization is an interesting idea...a better approach might be to create a much larger terrain to begin (at a low resolution) and then use the subdivide mode of the Terrain Tile operator to split it up into smaller tiles. Then you can use the Terrain Resample operator to increase their resolution, further FX operators to tweak them however you like, and finally a Terrain Tile operaor in blend mode to blend their seams.

Of course, that's not saying more randomization won't be added in the future to the Copy Out operator, but for now taking that different approach might be a good workaround.
Thank you and look forward to it!