Move To Taget does not work properly
We study sample scenes on FaceBook and make them under different circumstances.

I want to make something like [Maze_small_4study01] where the particles of group 2 move to the position of group 1.

If I make it an object vertex like in the reference scene, it will work.
But when I change it to "Birth Voxels", it doesn't seem to work.
Is there something I am doing wrong?

Attached Files
.max   Maze_small_4study01.max (Size: 944 KB / Downloads: 64)
.max   Grid_test_A.max (Size: 988 KB / Downloads: 74)
Hi,

There are two issues preventing your particles from getting proper targets at the moment:

1) In your Set Target operator, "only set target if current target invalid" is enabled, but that prevents all particles from getting targets because by default all target channels get a value of '0', which is a valid target in this scene (because particle with ID=0 exists). So, either disable that setting, or put a Custom Properties operator above the Set Target operator and use it to assign a value of '-1' to your target channel.

2) In your Set Target operator, in the 'target filters' rollout, it's set to look for targets in "this event only", which means it won't look for targets in any other events. Since your target particles are in another event, you want to set that to 'exclude this event'.
(02-13-2023, 06:09 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hi,

There are two issues preventing your particles from getting proper targets at the moment:

1) In your Set Target operator, "only set target if current target invalid" is enabled, but that prevents all particles from getting targets because by default all target channels get a value of '0', which is a valid target in this scene (because particle with ID=0 exists). So, either disable that setting, or put a Custom Properties operator above the Set Target operator and use it to assign a value of '-1' to your target channel.

2) In your Set Target operator, in the 'target filters' rollout, it's set to look for targets in "this event only", which means it won't look for targets in any other events. Since your target particles are in another event, you want to set that to 'exclude this event'.

We accomplished what we set out to do! Thank you!