Object Bind - Snap to surface, with smooth transition?
Currently i have particles snapping to the surface of some geo using surface test with distance. Once the particles get near enough they snap very quickly to the geo. Is there a way to make this a smooth transition?

Thanks!
Hmm, not really at the moment.

I can think of a few potential workarounds...is your target geometry moving?
(03-08-2023, 02:39 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm, not really at the moment.

I can think of a few potential workarounds...is your target geometry moving?

Yes it's slowly rotating. It is a miniture planet and a few hundred actors get scattered by a large god like character on to the planet being attraced by a find target.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hmm...moving object is going to be trickier.

Why not just make the Find Target/Surface Test distance small enough so that when the snap occurs it's not perceptible?
(03-08-2023, 04:21 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm...moving object is going to be trickier.

Why not just make the Find Target/Surface Test distance small enough so that when the snap occurs it's not perceptible?

Yeah there are workarounds, but sometimes with their speed, some get missed so i made the radius more so they get picked up. it's fine just wanted to know if there was a way to do it. i was messing around with custom properties but it's good to know i don't need to waste my time trying stuff. thanks!
I figured it was something like that (larger test radius to avoid missing particles).

When they're within range you could send them to a second Find Target event (using 'by time') to force them to move towards the surface without worrying about them overshooting.