Alembic Motion Blur
Following from this thread

I've tried just about every angle to get this working with an alembic (.abc) export from TyFlow, but it does not work with Redshift motion blur.

Rendering the TyFlow (or tycache) directly with Redshift produces excellent motion blur, but if I export the TyFlow to alembic (.abc) and import that alembic back into Max to render with Redshift, I cannot get the alembic mesh to render with Redshift motion blur.

Is this just an extension of the same problem the linked thread originally responded to?
Redshift v Alembic is something you'd have to take up with the RS devs. It's out of my control.

Potential workaround would be to use a tyVertexVelocity modifier on your Alembic object(s) to force the subframe data required for moblur.
(04-27-2023, 01:19 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Redshift v Alembic is something you'd have to take up with the RS devs. It's out of my control.

Potential workaround would be to use a tyVertexVelocity modifier on  your Alembic object(s) to force the subframe data required for moblur.

So, is that to say that if I were to export that alembic (the one that is not rendering MB in Redshift) to Blender or another DCC renderer, the velocty data is actually in the alembic and should render with MB as expected - it's just that Redshift cannot render it, it is a Redshift-specific issue?
I can't predict how other renderers or software will render Alembic data with motion blur. At its core Alembic is just a format for storing data, and the methods I use to export particle/mesh data are pretty standard. How another DCC imports it, or interprets it at rendertime is not something I can control. All rendering issues must be taken up with the developer of the renderer in question, and motion blur itself is implemented differently in each system.