Birthing particles using a map
Hey guys, I feel like i should be able to find a workaround for this but haven't figured it out yet. 

I have a cloth sim with tyflow and i want to birth some particles in specific areas on this cloth sim using a map - this map also drives a displacement. I want the particles to be birthed in the lower parts of this displacement, but I cannot figure out how to do this in tyflow. I realise there's not a specific operator to do this (or is there??) but i feel like there must be some combo of custom properties or some other thing that would allow me to do this? Any ideas would be appreciated!
The Position Object operator has a texture parameter which allows you to position particles on an object based on texture luminosity. So the order of operators would be:

1) Birth operator, specifying how many particles you want
2) Position Object operator, using your cloth as the input object, with a texmap assignment which determines where particles will be birthed, based on texmap intensity.

Make sure you're using a texmap with explicit map coordinates. For example, a Noise map in world/object mode won't work, but in explicit map mode it will.
(05-02-2023, 11:54 AM)tyFlow Wrote: The Position Object operator has a texture parameter which allows you to position particles on an object based on texture luminosity. So the order of operators would be:

1) Birth operator, specifying how many particles you want
2) Position Object operator, using your cloth as the input object, with a texmap assignment which determines where particles will be birthed, based on texmap intensity.

Make sure you're using a texmap with explicit map coordinates. For example, a Noise map in world/object mode won't work, but in explicit map mode it will.

That's awesome, thanks so much!