Workflow for real-scale Terrain Close-up
Hello,

I need to render a small square of a terrain in a perfect square- around 3x the size of a building- and it seems tyflow's terrains are by default very large scale. I could render a large terrain and zoom in but I don't want to have to make a massive resolution grid and then boolean- what's the best workflow here?

Thanks!
Add a Terrain Transform operator to the end of your event, then scale/move however you like.

Adding it to the end means the transform changes won't affect prior operators.
(05-24-2023, 06:33 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Add a Terrain Transform operator to the end of your event, then scale/move however you like.

Adding it to the end means the transform changes won't affect prior operators.

Thanks for the quick response! Sorry, I should explain a bit better-

I am currently rendering a terrain and using the terrain transform at the end, but I want a sort of different effect- I am trying to only render a small square of that larger transformed terrain and I don't have access to render time booleans to do so. I was wondering if theres an easier way to get a very detailed version of that small crop of terrain without having a very high resolution grid and then boole-ing the tyflow object after.

In other words, I want to scale up the entire landscape without changing the physical size of the grid , if that makes sense.

Thanks again!
You can use a Terrain Tile operator to subdivide the terrain into smaller tiles, then modify the tile you want to change its resolution (Terrain Resample operator), add more FX, etc. Use a Terrain Display operator to see its name in the view, after subdividing, then a Terrain Copy Out operator to send it to another event where you apply the additional effects.
(05-24-2023, 07:28 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You can use a Terrain Tile operator to subdivide the terrain into smaller tiles, then modify the tile you want to change its resolution (Terrain Resample operator), add more FX, etc. Use a Terrain Display operator to see its name in the view, after subdividing, then a Terrain Copy Out operator to send it to another event where you apply the additional effects.

Wow, brilliant- thanks so much, got it working Smile

Sean