find target
I have been lately find target a lot.....I feel find target should also have texmap and UVW option.....wherein the particle are attracted to a specific object with only white part of the texture on that object.....now obviously there will be an issue with multiple objects - maybe also have selected faces picked from tyselect where we used texture as selection.....

I am not sure....but I feel texture based find target can be good.....or maybe its possible and I am missing it

Thank you
Nayan Bodawala
Recently, Tyson implemented interpolation parameters for Position object operator, where you can position particles by texture.
That should be somewhat similar as find target.

The other option is good old custom properties, where you can also use position object (with texture), and bellow it add custom properties, save position, and then reload it with another custom properties or find target.
Multiple objects? No problem. Just use several position objects, and several custom properties in first event, end recall them whenever you want.

But then again, including a interpolation parameter in position object operator itself, make it even easier.
(08-11-2023, 03:06 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Recently, Tyson implemented interpolation parameters for Position object operator, where you can position particles by texture.
That should be somewhat similar as find target.

The other option is good old custom properties, where you can also use position object (with texture), and bellow it add custom properties, save position, and then reload it with another custom properties or find target.
Multiple objects? No problem. Just use several position objects, and several custom properties in first event, end recall them whenever you want.

But then again, including a interpolation parameter in position object operator itself, make it even easier.

yes that is also an option, but position object interpolation will not provide velocity data and hence no motion blur or velocity related stuff.....thats why I asked for find target velocity.
good old custom properties is what I do....I just thought we can reduce certain steps and optimize....
(08-12-2023, 11:32 AM)nayan Wrote: but position object interpolation will not provide velocity data and hence no motion blur or velocity related stuff.

Really? 
Didn't know about that, thanks for clarification. 

Btw.. great job on this TyFlow fluids without fluids sims that I saw on Facebook. :  Heart
(08-12-2023, 02:34 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote:
(08-12-2023, 11:32 AM)nayan Wrote: but position object interpolation will not provide velocity data and hence no motion blur or velocity related stuff.

Really? 
Didn't know about that, thanks for clarification. 

Btw.. great job on this TyFlow fluids without fluids sims that I saw on Facebook. :  Heart

Thank you
The Property Test allows you to test the texmap intensity of a particle target. Could that be used as a target location with custom float channel inside Find Target operator maybe?

It would be great to have it built right into the Find Target though I agree.