Creating fuzz
Hi all, 

I've been playing around with Tyflow for a week now and I am really impressed with all the stuff I can do with it.
For a new project I'm trying to use Tyflow to add a thin layer of fuzz on top of a garment. 
The way I've set this up is real basic, I'm using a birth, a position and a shape operator to add some custom mesh  (squiggly lines, real low poly) on top of a garment model. This works quite well, I can define where the fuzz should be via material id's and with mapping and material id operators everything gets the correct textures. 

I'm rendering all of this in Max with Corona.

The problem I'm facing, the performance. In order to create a believable fuzz layer I need to scatter a lot of geometry. A minimum of 900000 particles is required (I would love to have more, in the attached render I used 9 million points) and at that point rendering is almost impossible due to the lack of memory. My system has 64 gb of ram, that should be enough?

Is there a better/smarter way to set this up so that I get more performance? I tried Ornatrix and Forestpack but both of these have limitations that kinda break the flow for me. 

Gr,

Wilbert

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hi
have u tried setting "mesh" node to "render instances", instead of "triangle mesh"?

also, have u got vray? vray fur could work here too Smile

harv
(08-31-2023, 02:33 PM)dr_ron69 Wrote: hi
have u tried setting "mesh" node to "render instances", instead of "triangle mesh"?

also, have u got vray? vray fur could work here too Smile

harv

Hi Harv,

Thanks for the tips. I tried the render instances but it is not rendering anything, nothing is visible. I'm rendering with Corona, maybe it is not supported?
I do have V-Ray but I'm trying to render the whole scene in Corona.

Any additional help/tips would be great :-) Thanks
A small update, I managed to create a believable fuzz layer by reducing the detail / polygons on the fuzz objects considerably. I still can't push it to far, but it is acceptable now. Thanks.