Convert UV image to object!
Hi,Tyson!

There seems to be no direct way to convert UVs into "objects" in MAX. Can you develop a modifier that can convert "UV" images into objects? Thank you!
Interesting...in 20+ years of doing CG I've never heard of anyone needing to convert UVWs into an actual mesh. What's the use case?

Either way, I can't see how it would be useful to add this functionality to tyFlow...but the process would be very simple...you can do it with MAXScript pretty easily. All maps are just a list of faces are vertices (the building blocks of any mesh). Just extract those values and assign them to a mesh. Here's another script that already does it:

https://www.kinematiclab.com/products/uv-to-mesh
You're right, this is a very rare requirement
Application aspect:
1: You can create an origami model in three-dimensional space, then use "UV" to flatten it, print it out, and make paper items
2: Create some flattened object effects, such as animating a 3D object from a 2D object. Conversely, it can also transform a 2D object into a 3D object There is a movie called "Painted Skin", which has an effect where a ghost tears off its face, applies makeup, and then puts it back on. It is said that this effect cost millions of dollars to produce because it is very difficult to achieve
Of course, I don't expect you to create and develop this feature for such a requirement. However, it still has its own application value
The origami idea is interesting for sure...

Either way, I'll defer to the Kinematic Lab script for now...it's free and seems to do the job.
Thank you for your reminder,