Export Groups - Not Equal with "overlapping" and "not overlapping" (both modes)
Lightbulb 
Hello,

I am working with exclusions of Export Group assignments.

And found out, that there would be great to have
"not equal" with the standard mode "overlapping"

REASON:
When I activate one letter "not equal" it works 

But when I want to hide two letters with "not equal" it doesn't work anymore at all.

EXAMPLE   A= not equal, and A gets hidden as expected
A and B = not equal, then A and B keep visible, I guess because it must be assigned A and B, which is anyway the most seldom case

2.)
I personally could use many more letters: Couldn't be there just an additional "letter field", where I can type my own letter - or even string?

Thanks
Not sure I understand your first question to be honest, maybe you can post the scene or an example.
(09-02-2023, 12:30 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Not sure I understand your first question to be honest, maybe you can post the scene or an example.

I will do with a simple scene example - in a week is time Wink
Very easy to explain:

If I want to hide "A" I can set A as not equal.

But: If I want to hide A and B, and set A and B as not equal, nothing is hidden.

(Maybe works only for particles with A+B both assigned, I guess)

You can answer:
Why don't you activate all other groups normally except A and B.
But when there are particles without any assigned export group and I want to hide grooups A and B, it's not possible at the moment!
(And it's much more clicking..)

Cheers
It might seem like your explanation is simple but I'm not following. Hide what? Where? In a Display operator? In a tyCache? In an export interface? Export groups are used all throughout tyFlow...just telling me you want to hide A/B somewhere gives me no idea what you're actually referring to.
(09-04-2023, 04:21 PM)tyFlow Wrote: It might seem like your explanation is simple but I'm not following. Hide what? Where? In a Display operator? In a tyCache? In an export interface? Export groups are used all throughout tyFlow...just telling me you want to hide A/B somewhere gives me no idea what you're actually referring to.

Oh sorry -> in my case in a tyCache > Culling by Export Group.
(But for sure usefull in a flow when several export groups should be excluded)

A screenshot is here. In this example I want everything else except the letters, but this doesn't work:

I see...

I think the option you actually want is "not overlapping", which is a dropdown option I've yet to add everywhere in tyFlow (thanks for the reminder).

The reason it's not working in your screenshot is that "not equal" doesn't mean "not equal to any of the selected letters" but instead "not equal to the entire combination of selected letters". So for example, a group of "A" is not equal to "ABIJLO" so it'll be displayed, even though you may be expecting it to be hidden. The "not overlapping" option would be in line with your expectations ("A" is overlapping with the groups "ABILJO" and so would be hidden, in your example).

The "not overlapping" option will be added there in v1.027.
(09-05-2023, 04:56 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I see...

I think the option you actually want is "not overlapping", which is a dropdown option I've yet to add everywhere in tyFlow (thanks for the reminder).

The reason it's not working in your screenshot is that "not equal" doesn't mean "not equal to any of the selected letters" but instead "not equal to the entire combination of selected letters". So for example, a group of "A" is not equal to "ABIJLO" so it'll be displayed, even though you may be expecting it to be hidden. The "not overlapping" option would be in line with your expectations ("A" is overlapping with the groups "ABILJO" and so would be hidden, in your example).

The "not overlapping" option will be added there in v1.027.

WOW great!!