Material ID of Caps Of Fractures or Bricks not working properly
Hi Tyson,

Found another little strange behavior.

The Voronoi and Bricks Fractures are supposed to allow overriding the materials of the caps, this works sometimes, but if a specific Id is assigned previously to the particles, then this stops working; In a complex scene with several kinds of materials, this really limits things.
See below:

M.
Yes, this is expected behavior. The MatID settings in the Voronoi fracture modify the meshes directly and immediately....whereas the Material ID operator assigns a particle override that is applied at the time the final tyFlow mesh is built. Assigning a Material ID operator and setting a static material ID value of '0' on a particle allows you to remove the override, in the case of voronoi chunks that received an override earlier in the flow.
(04-16-2019, 11:27 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Yes, this is expected behavior. The MatID settings in the Voronoi fracture modify the meshes directly and immediately....whereas the Material ID operator assigns a particle override that is applied at the time the final tyFlow mesh is built. Assigning a Material ID operator and setting a static material ID value of '0' on a particle allows you to remove the override, in the case of voronoi chunks that received an override earlier in the flow.

Ok, I understand...  Is there a way then to have two different fragmented objects from 2 events(within same ty-flow object) with a total of 4 IDs (2 each)?
Not quite sure I understand what you mean, but you can assign any material IDs to any particles you like, either in the voronoi settings or with a material ID operator. There is no limit to the number of material IDs you can have in a flow (well there is, but it's around 16000...hopefully you dont need that many Smile)
(04-17-2019, 12:02 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Not quite sure I understand what you mean, but you can assign any material IDs to any particles you like, either in the voronoi settings or with a material ID operator. There is no limit to the number of material IDs you can have in a flow (well there is, but it's around 16000...hopefully you dont need that many Smile)

Ok maybe I haven't fully digged in to the materials options... I'll check more about what one trying to do and get back to you if still can't find the way. 

Yes 16000 would be more than I need !! Wink

M
Ok i managed to make the test i was doing work! thanks for you help! 
Will test the Actor Collect now with the new release.

Nice job! Glad you got it all working Smile