Hope to have a frozen node
When I was testing the sand, I found a problem, and sand could never achieve true "quietness." Even if the sand sleeps, it will be squeezed by other sands. Even if you add the "SLOW" node, it will still swell, I want sand to pile up. It is not eventually squeezed into a flat. The influence between sand and sand should be diminishing when passing through each other. What I see now in "particle physics" is that a grain of sand can push a pile of sand. This is very strange and does not meet the logic. I asked tyson, he said that he can't really solve the problem of sand expansion, then I think, if there is a node that can freeze particles, the particle speed is frozen below a value (the frozen particle speed is 0, the position does not change) ,), when the particle value is greater than a certain value, it is reactivated. Whether frozen or activated particles, they collide with each other. If this node can make the particles absolutely static, then I want to do the effect of sand accumulation, it should become very easy.
Note: The "STOP" node is not valid for "particle physics". When the sleeping particles and the activated particles collide with each other, the sleeping particles will still be pushed.

These are some of my thoughts. Maybe my thoughts are naive or have problems with logic, but I sincerely offer you my ideas and just want TYFLOW to be better. I also hope to get your reply. Thank you for making such a good product. Thank you!
The more overall sim substeps you have, the better sand will sleep. You also want the sleep threshold to be just below the force of your gravity usually.

Make sure to increase friction on your particles as well.

Sand accumulation is achievable, you just have to get a good familiarity with the various settings that can affect it. I may put a scene in the next example file update to demonstrate it.
I always know that you can do anything. I am ashamed of my own opinion. thank you.