Preserve Multisub Material ID's in Shape node
Forgive me if I'm going about this in the wrong way.  I'm trying to make a cornfield with stalks in various stages of decay.  This means I have 3 different animated corn stalks with three different texture sets.  Each stalk in a mult-isub object with 7 different textures applied.  I'm trying to scatter the objects on a surface using the Shape node I can't seem to find a way of preserving the textures. I've dug through a lot of tutorial and read through the forums but couldn't find an answer to this specific question. Can anyone help with this? 

I have it set to inherent reference and I've also tried to use the Scene Material option but nothing seems to show in the render.

Is this even the right approach?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-22-2023, 09:25 PM)DanS82 Wrote: Forgive me if I'm going about this in the wrong way.  I'm trying to make a cornfield with stalks in various stages of decay.  This means I have 3 different animated corn stalks with three different texture sets.  Each stalk in a mult-isub object with 7 different textures applied.  I'm trying to scatter the objects on a surface using the Shape node I can't seem to find a way of preserving the textures. I've dug through a lot of tutorial and read through the forums but couldn't find an answer to this specific question. Can anyone help with this? 

I have it set to inherent reference and I've also tried to use the Scene Material option but nothing seems to show in the render.

Is this even the right approach?

What is the solution to this?