Disk Cache?
Hi 
first off all thanks for sharing this great peace of software.
i cannot wait to see it released.. 

Im not sure if this is a beta issue but i can not find any "Cache to disk" feature. Is this correct? Tonly Thing i found was the object to Import diskcache ;-)

Regards 
H.Kroeber
The "Export Particles" operator is what can be used to convert particles to PRT/tyCache format, which are stored on disk. Eventually it will be extended to support Alembic...maybe even USD.
(04-02-2019, 12:35 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The "Export Particles" operator is what can be used to convert particles to PRT/tyCache format, which are stored on disk. Eventually it will be extended to support Alembic...maybe even USD.

ok i try it. most of the time i work with combination of pflow and thinking particles. this evening i will try to do the same in tyflow. hope it works.
thinking particles is not able to use vertex animated objects for coliding (conveyor belts) and pflow is not able to fracture particles.  here is an example:

crsuhing stones
You can do both of those things (deforming PhysX colliders and fracturing particles) in tyFlow Smile
Yes USD and ABC support please ? thanks Smile
If you use Mesh operator, 3dsMax alembic exporter should just work.
Only thing we need would be per vertex velocity support.
(04-02-2019, 05:29 PM)Igandhics Wrote: If you use Mesh operator, 3dsMax alembic exporter should just work.
Only thing we need would be per vertex velocity support.

Thinking particles works perfectly fine with deforming geometry.
(04-02-2019, 12:49 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You can do both of those things (deforming PhysX colliders and fracturing particles) in tyFlow Smile

now i tried to use animated opjects for collision. The animated conveyor belt i use do not work. 
As said before i use a vertex Animation (plane with pathdeform and animated percentage).

Regards 
H.Kroeber
Oh, I see what you mean.

When the underlying PhysX engine detects a deformation change in the collider, it resets the internal mesh and keeps going....but it has no way of knowing the change in velocity between vertices because the only motion is cares about is the transform of the object itself. So in that sense, a conveyor belt will not work.

A workaround would be to convert your conveyor belt into individual many objects traveling along the path (like a bike chain)...each one its own collider. Then the PhysX engine could process their velocity.
(04-03-2019, 03:09 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Oh, I see what you mean.

When the underlying PhysX engine detects a deformation change in the collider, it resets the internal mesh and keeps going....but it has no way of knowing the change in velocity between vertices because the only motion is cares about is the transform of the object itself. So in that sense, a conveyor belt will not work.

A workaround would be to convert your conveyor belt into individual many objects traveling along the path (like a bike chain)...each one its own collider. Then the PhysX engine could process their velocity.

Yes ,
in pflow there is an extra shape mode called "animated Surface". I think it generates 1 colision shape on every poly .
Ah I forgot about that....

That's an interesting workaround and I will consider implementing a similar system.