Faceted Faces
Is it possible to not have the faces faceted when they are fractured?

I applied the same affect as the example seen (teapot facefracture). 

Really want to do some affects for a client but will look weird in this case (Attached)

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ah I just saw the fractured geometry explicit normals on the todo list. Is this the same thing?
Explicit normals was meant for Voronoi fracture, but it could probably be introduced for Face Fracture as well. And yes, in this case it would solve the problem.
(04-17-2019, 06:29 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Explicit normals was meant for Voronoi fracture, but it could probably be introduced for Face Fracture as well. And yes, in this case it would solve the problem.
That would be amazing Tyson. Do I put that in the feature request part of the forum?
Thanks for working so hard on this
It's already on the todo list Smile

I have no ETA as to when I'll be able to get to it though....the todo list is becoming quite a tome at this point, that I'm slowly chipping away on.
You're a rockstar man. I trust your priorities. Thanks!
(04-18-2019, 12:28 AM)Marksmanguy Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 06:29 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Explicit normals was meant for Voronoi fracture, but it could probably be introduced for Face Fracture as well. And yes, in this case it would solve the problem.
That would be amazing Tyson. Do I put that in the feature request part of the forum?

In the meantime, I've solved this problem by applying Weld and Smooth modifiers to the tyFlow object.
(04-19-2019, 03:01 PM)gardocki Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 12:28 AM)Marksmanguy Wrote:

In the meantime, I've solved this problem by applying Weld and Smooth modifiers to the tyFlow object.

The tyFlow object disappears when I apply a smooth modifier on it.

Also, if I have tyFlow object with Face Fracture and a Shell operator, is it even possible to have the whole object smooth with the future explicit normals update?